of the law excuses no man; not that all men
know the law, but because 'tis an excuse every
man will plead, and no man can tell how to confute
him." - John Selden
Yusuf Ali & Co.
2nd Floor Ghalib House,
24 Abdul Wahab Folawiyo Rd., Ilorin, Nigeria
- IT IS TIME TO SOW.
Sixth Convocation and Tenth Foundation Anniversary Address
By the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman Governing Council Yusuf Ali, SAN on 6TH April, 2017
- The Role of Business and Private Citizens in Sustaining Africa Peace and Security Being a Paper Presented at the Official Opening of WANEP Regional Office and Book Launch By Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN, LLM, FCIArb (Uk), FCIArb (Nig), FSPSP; FIDR.
- ETHICS AND THE LEGAL PROFESSION: Being a Lecture Delivered by Yusuf Ali SAN at the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Training Course on Leadership, Negotiation and Management Skills For Legal Practitioners Held at Rockview Hotel Abuja on 7th November, 2016.
- ATTAINING EXCELLENCE IN LAW PRACTICE. Being a lecture delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN At The Annual Symposium of the Muslim Lawyers Association of Nigeria (MULAN) Lagos State Branch held on 8th October, 2016 at the Lagos State Secretariat Mosque, Alausa, Ikeja.
- The Challenges of Fighting Corruption in Nigeria: Islamic Perspectives Being a Lecture Delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN at Ogun State Judiciary 2016/2017 Muslim Legal Year Service on 26th September, 2016 at Egba Central Mosque, Kobiti, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- Update on Current Liabilities of Officers, Directors and Stakeholders of Privately and Publicly held Companies: Being a paper presented by Yusuf Ali SAN LLM, FCI Arb; FSPSP, F.DRI, at the International Bar Association Annual Conference, Washington DC on 20th September, 2016.
- Contractual Arrangements and Legal Aspect of Investing in Nigeria's Solid Minerals Sector: Being a paper presented by Yusuf Ali SAN LLM, FCI Arb; FSPSP, F.DRI, at the 5th International Mining Investment Conference and Exhibition on Nigeria, (IMICON 2016) at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja on 31st August, 2016.
- Decline in Ethics and the LPDC Paper Presented by Yusuf Ali SAN LLM, FCI Arb; At the Ethics Section of the Nigerian Bar Association, Ilorin Branch, Held in the Government House Banquet Hall, Ilorin, on 20th July, 2016
- Restraining the Monster: Practical ways of Fighting Corruption in Nigeria: Being a Paper Delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN LLM, FCI Arb; FSPSP, F.DRI, at the Public Presentation of the Book "Anatomy of Corruption in Nigeria" Held In Abuja, Nigeria, May, 2016
- THE FUTURE OF LEGAL PRACTICE IN NIGERIA: REGULATION AND DISCIPLINE IN THE LEGAL PROFESSION Presented by Yusuf Ali SAN, at the 8th Annual Business Luncheon of S. P. A. Ajibade & Co., Held in Lagos, on 26th November, 2015
- Professional Ethics and Discipline of Lawyers: Being a Paper Delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN LLM, FCI Arb; FSPSP, F.DRI, at the Negligence and Damages Section of the International Bar Association Conference Held In Tokyo, Japan, October, 2014
- Recent Trends in Liabilities of Officers and Directors of Public and Private Corporations: Being a Paper Delivered by Yusuf Ali SAN at the International Bar Association Annual Conference, Tokyo on 23rd October, 2014
- Honoriscausa in Public Administration: Being a Speech of Acceptance on the occasion of the Conferrment of honorary doctorate Degree (HONORISCAUSA) in Public Administration on 20th September, 2014, By Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin.
- Repositioning Higher Education in Nigeria to World Standard: Being the Convocation Lecture Delivered By Yusuf Ali As Part of The Convocation Ceremony of The University of Abuja Held On 8th May, 2014.
- The Role Of Civil Society In The Fight Against Corruption In Nigeria : Being a Lecture Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN at the 9th Edition of the Annual Adekunle Kukoyi Memorial Lecture, Organized by the Institution of Nigeria Surveyors, Lagos State Branch.
- National Unity as a Precursor to Development Islamic Perspectives: Being a Keynote Address Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the Occasion Of The 2nd General Conference of NASFAT at Kwara Hotel, Ilorin on 20th Day of December, 2013.
- The Role of Media In The Development of The Society: Being a Lecture Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN at the Award of Excellence and Integrity Programme Organized by the Magazines and Newspapers Distributors Association of Nigeria, Kwara State Chapter
- Practice And Finance Paper at Women Forum 2013 NBA Conference: Being A Paper Presented At The Women Forum Working Session At The Annual General Conference Of The NBA Held At Tinapa Business Resort, Calabar Cross River State On 28th August 2013 By Yusuf Ali SAN
- Preparing To Be A Senior Advocate Of Nigeria : Being an Address delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN At The University of Ibadan Faculty of Law “What Next” 2013 Programme for Final Year Students on 13th June, 2013.
- Preparing For A Successful Career In The Legal Profession Delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN At The Osun State University, College Of Law Ifetedo On 6th June 2013.
- National Security and Development in Contempory Nigeria: Being a paper Delivered By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the 1st national Conference of the Al-Hikmah University College of Humanities on 13th May, 2013.
- Human Right or Might:Who Determines the Spatial Differentiation Being a paper Delivered By Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the 8th Hon. Justice Muri Okunola Memorial Lecture, at the Trenchard Hall, University of Ibadan on 10th April, 2013.
- Law as an Instrument of Economic Growth: The Nigerian Experience: Being a Speech Delivered by Yusuf Ali SAN; LLM; FCI; Arb; FSPSP; F.DRI, at the Lex for a Annual Dinner Award Nite Held at the Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja on 6th December, 2012
- Law As An Instrument Of Economic Growth: The Nigerian Experience: Being A Speech Delivered By Yusuf Ali San Llm, Fci Arb; Fspsp, F.Dri, At The Lex Fora Annual Dinner Award Nite Held At The Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja On 6th December, 2012
- Legal Issues in Nigerian Medical Practice: Challenges and the way Forward: Being a Paper Delivered by Yusuf ALI SAN; LLM, FCI ARB; FSPSP, F.DRI at the Annual ARD-UITH Academic Seminar ON 15th November, 2012.
- Rule of Law: A strategic Tool for Development: Being a Paper Delivered by Yusuf Ali SAN; at Kuramo Conference 2012 held at Eko Hotel International between 9th- 10th November, 2012.
- A Doctor’s Nightmare: Protection From Medical Malpractice Suits - The Nigerian Perspective: Being A Paper Delivered By Yusuf Ali San Llm, Fci Arb; Fspsp, F.Dri, On 2nd October, 2012, At The Negligence And Damages Section Of The International Bar Association Conference Held In Dublin, Ireland.
- Handing Over Ceremony of the Yusuf Ali Trauma Center UITH, Ilorin Speech Delivered By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the Official Handing over ceremony of the Yusuf Ali Trauma Center to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital on the 21st of September, 2012.
- Corruption: the clog in the wheel of progress of the nigerian society Being a Paper Delivered at the Companion Public Lecture Held at Lagos State House of Assembly Mosque, Sunday, 3rd July, 2011 by Yusuf O. Ali Esq. SAN, FCIArb UK, FCIArb Nig., FSPSP
- The Freedom of Information Act and the Challenges of the Practice of Journalism in Nigeria: Being a Paper Delivered By Yusuf Ali SAN LLM, FCI (ARB); FSPSP,F.DRI, At The Doyin Mahmoud Annual Lecture Organised By The Department Of Mass Communication, University Of Ilorin On 31st May, 2012.
- How to Lose an Appeal Presented at the in – House Training Programme of Lagos State Ministry of Justice by Yusuf O. Ali Esq. SAN on 2nd February, 2012.
- Strategies and Procedures for Expediting Election Petitions and Appeals:Being a Paper Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali ESQ. SAN, FCIARB UK, FCIARB NIG., FSPSP, AT the NBA/IFES Training of Lawyers in Election Dispute Resolution Held at the Rockview Hotel, Abuja on 3rd of May, 2011
- Contemporary Issues in Criminal Law and Administration Being a Paper Presented by Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN at the Eminem Intensive workshop for Magistrates, State Counsel and Police Prosecutors Organized by Kwara State Ministry of Justice
- Efeective Administration of Justice: Perspective from the BAR Being a Paper Presented by : Yusuf O. Ali, Esq; SAN at the National Judicial Institute on 21th March, 2011.
- Rule Of Law And Corruption: Strange Bed Fellows Being A Paper Delivered at the Commonwealth Lawyers Association Conference Held at Hyderabad, India, February 2011 By: Yusuf O. ALI ESQ. SAN, FCIArB (UK), FCIArB (NIG), FSPSP
- Citizenship, Indigenship and the 2011 General Election Being a Paper Presented by Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the 2010 Annual Law week of the Nigerian Bar Association, Abuja Branch on 16th December, 2010 at Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja
- Free And Fair Elections: A Way Forward For Nigeria Being a Paper Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali SAN at 1431 A.H. (2010) Ramadan Lectures Organized by the Islamic Missionaries Association of Nigeria (IMAN.)
- Management and Resolution of Conflicts Related to Electoral Matters in Nigeria: The Role of Lawyers, Being a Paper Presented by Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN at the Eminent Personality Lecture Organized by the Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria, Nigerian Law School, Holden at Abuja on 19th Octber, 2010.
- The Nigerian Evidence Act and Electronically Generated Evidence: A Need to Fast Track the System By: Yusuf O. Ali, Esq; SAN.
- Nigeria at 50:- The Way Forward Presented by Yusuf .O.Ali. Esq; SAN, October, 2010
- Damages for Medical Practice: Nigeria as a Case study: Being a paper presented at the Joint Session of Negligence and Damages Committee and The Law Medical Committee at the IBA Annual Conference. Vancouver on 3rd – 8th October, 2010.
- Muslims and the challenges of Education: Being a Paper Presented by: Yusuf O. Ali SAN at the Osun Islamic Theological Group of Schools Launching Held on 23rd September, 2010 in Osogbo Osun State
- Enhancing the Administration of Justice Through Speedy Determination Of Appeals: WHAT CAN BE DONE Presented at the Annual Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association: By Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN, Holden in Kaduna on 24th August, 2010
- Law and Democratisation Being a Lecture Delivered at Nigerian Army Cantonment, Sobi Barracts, Ilorin On May 14, 2010.
- The Legal Profession and Climate Change in Nigeria Being a Paper presentd by Yusuf O. Ali on a Workshop on Law and Climate in Nigeria, Organized by Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin on 13th May, 2010.
- Challenges of Enforcement of Engineering Regulations in a Developing Economy Being a paper presented to the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Kwara State by YUSUF O. ALI ESQ; SAN; FSPSP; FCIarb;LL.M on 17th April, 2010.
- Promoting Ignorance in Nigeria for the Next Half A Century Being A Lecture Delivred At Osun State University In Honour Of Prof Okebukola, Its Pro Chancellor By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN
- Legal Issues in the Protection of the Sick Child Being a Paper Presented by Yusuf O. Ali, SAN, at the Annual General and Scientific Conference of the Peadiatric Association of Nigeria, Held between 18th -24th January, 2010 at Ilorin, Kwara State - Nigeria.
- Strengthening the Magistracy Chanlenges_and Prospects Paper Delivered at the Annual of Magistrates Association of Nigeria, Kogi State At Lokofe on 11th November, 2009.
- The Economic Melt down and the Survival of Legal Practice in Nigeria Being the Keynote Address Delivered at the Owolabi Afuye Memorial Lecture During the 2009 Law Week of the Nigerian Bar Association Ibadan branch on 16th November, 2009. By Yusuf O. Ali, SAN
- Statutory and Legal Responsibilities of University Administrators in Service Delivery in Nigeria Being a paper presented By: Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN on Wednesday, 26th November, 2008 at the 2008 Annual Conference/General Meeting of association of Nigeria University Professional Administrators (ANUPA) Held at The University of Ilorin.
- The Independence of Judiciary as a Panacea for Stability of Democracy in Nigeria: Paper Presented By Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN at the Luncheon in Honour of Hon. Justice Olagoke Ige on 9th November, 2008.
- Medical Ethics in Face of Emerging Medico-Legal Issues_in Nigeria Being a paper presented By : Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN, at the African Hall, University of Ilorin Mini Campus, on 28th August, 2008.
- Rule of law in Nigeria Extant Profile and Challenges A Discission of The Keynote Address Delivered at the Year 2008 Biennial Law week of Nigeria bar association Ilorin Branch on the 14th Day of May, 2008 By: Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN.
- Legislators, party supremacy and public interest: Being a Paper Presented at the National Workshop on the Legislature, Democracy and Good Governance held on 26th July, 2007 at Bolingo hotel Abuja Delivered By Yusuf O. Ali SAN.
- The Impact of fake and adulterated Drugs on the SocietyThe Impact of Fake and Adulterated Drugs on the Society’, an Address Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali esq, SAN; at the Annual Dinner of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, Kwara State Branch, Ilorin, on the 3rd Day of May, 2007 at Circular Hotel, Ilorin.
- 'Legal Profession in Nigeria' Being a Lecture Delivered by : Mallam Yusuf o. Ali (SAN) of Yusuf O. Ali & co; on the Occasion of Youth Forum Organized by the Inspirational Youth Forum on Tueday, 27th of March, 2007 at the UNILAG Main Auditorium.
- The Prospects of Litigation in Medical Malpractice or Negligence in Nigeria An Analysis: Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN MCIIArb
- The Rule of Law and Peace Building in Nigeria: The Role of the Bar Being a paper presented By : Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN. Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Politics Without Bitterness the only Bedrock of Growth and Development of the Nation Being a paper Delivered at the Ramadan lectures Organized by IMAN Ilorin on 9th October, 2006: By Yusuf O. ali Esq; SAN.
- Integrity and Judicial Capacity, Critical Factors in Ensuring Good Governance Being a Contribution at the National Seminar on Economic Crime: Delivered By: Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN on 23th August, 2006 at Abuja
- Effect of Locus Standi on Access to Justice Being a paper presented at The 1st Annual Memorial Lecture under the AEGIS of Nigerian Bar Association, Abeokuta Branch in Honour of The late Chief Akitoye Akinbowale Coker, S.A.N and Apena of Egba Land on the 2nd of July, 2006 By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN MC/Arb.
- Anti Corruption Reforms. Being a paper presented on May, 2006 at The Roundtable on Reform Agenda Organized by Th faculty of Business and Social Sciences University of Ilorin helh at Ilorin By: Yusuf O. Ali, Esq; SAN.
- Democracy Today and the Rule of Law Being a paper presented at the Peoples Voice National Meritorious Award for Good Conduct on 14th March, 2006 at Hilton Hotel Abuja By: Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN; MCIArb.
- The Anti-Corruption Crusade in Nigeria:Myth or Reality? Being a Lecture Delivered on 8th September, 2005 for the Equity Chambers Faculty of Law University of Ilorin: By Yusuf o. Ali Esq; SAN MCIArb
- The Nigerian Judiciary_as_the Protector of Democracy Being a paper Prensented by Yusuf O. Ali SAN
- Private Sector Participation in Federal Infrastructure: An Over View of the Infrastruture Concession Regulatory Commission (Establishment e.t.c) Act, 2005, By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN; LLM, MCIArb. Principal, Yusuf O. Ali & Co; Ghalib Chambers, Ilorin
- Calculation of Time in Filing an Election Petition Being a Paper Presented By: Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Principal Partner, Yusuf O. ALI SAN & Co, Ilorin and Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of London
- Human Trafficking as a Global DisasterHuman Trafficking as a Global Disaster By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN
- An Islamic Framework to Fight Corruption in Nigeria Paper Presented to the Muslim Community of the University of Ibadan: Yusuf o. Ali SAN
- Void, Voidable Marriage and the Procedure for Dissolution of Marriage under the Marriage Act. VOID, VOIDABLE MARRIAGE AND THE PROCEDURE FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE UNDER THE MARRIAGE ACT.
- BOOK REVIEW BOOK REVIEW BY YUSUF O. ALI SAN
- Effect of Locus Standi on Access to Justice By Yusuf O. Ali SAN MC/Arb.
- Effective Management of a Law Firm as Business EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF A LAW FIRM AS BUSINESS
- HON. JUSTICE OGUNTADE JSC: THE HUMANIST By: YUSUF O. ALI SAN
- Muslims and Contemporary Problems Social, Economic, Political and Religious By: Yusuf O. Ali SAN
- Religious and other Minorities' Rights: Nigeria as a Case Study: Being a paper presented by: YUSUF O. ALI ESQ; SAN,LLM, FClArb (UK), FCIArb(Nig), FSPSP; FIDR
- The Rule of Law and Inferior Courts in Nigeria:
The Rule of Law and Inferior Courts in Nigeria: The Expectations of the Common Man.- By: Yusuf O. Ali Esq; SAN..
- I.C.P.C, E.FC.C and Corruption in Nigeria: I.C.P.C, E.FC.C and Corruption in Nigeria: the Journey so far; being a Lecture Delivered by Yusuf O. Ali SAN, MCIArb